Fall / Winter Semester German Study Abroad Scholarship – Deadline March 15th
Award Amounts: $1,250 (1) $500 (2)
This award is intended for Sophomore & Junior Delta Phi Alpha Members who are planning to study abroad on an accredited program in a German-speaking country during the fall /winter semester of the coming academic year. The applicant must provide evidence that they will be participating in a study abroad program that will begin either in the fall or winter semester. Preference will be given to support students who are attending programs that promote the advanced use of the German language.
Requirements: Please submit the following:
- The application must be submitted as a single pdf document
- The pdf document should be named in the following manner LastName_FALLAward_YEAR. For example: Schiller_FALLAward_2014.pdf
- The document must contain:
- Full contact information, including name, mailing address, email address, the name of university and Delta Phi Alpha chapter.
- A personal statement no more than two pages in length written in English. The statement should explain how this study abroad scholarship will help you integrate German studies into your current and future plans.
- A letter of acceptance from an accredited program in a German-speaking country. This may be provided by the home institution study abroad office or directly by the program in a German-speaking country.
- A scanned or electronic copy of your university-level transcript. It does not need to be official.
Under Separate Cover please have the following sent by email directly from the recommending Professors
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a German professor from your institution.
Application Materials should be sent to the National Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com
An independent committee will evaluate the applications and determine the award amounts.
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm (EST) on March 15th
- All materials including letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
- Awards will be announced in April.
- Money will be disbursed shortly before departure to support expenses incurred while on site.