Future K-12 German Teacher Award– Deadline March 15th
Award Amount: $500 + student membership in the American Association of Teachers of German
This award is intended to recognize outstanding future K-12 teachers of German. Any Delta Phi Alpha member actively seeking certification to teach German at the K-12 level is eligible for the award. This includes students in undergraduate or graduate programs. The recipient must provide evidence that they are enrolled in a teacher certification program.
Requirements: Please submit
- The application must be submitted as a single pdf document
- The pdf document should be named in the following manner LastName_TEACHERAward_YEAR. For example: Schmidt_TEACHERAward_2014.pdf
- Full contact information, including name, year of induction, mailing address, email address, name of university and Delta Phi Alpha chapter.
- A personal statement no more than two pages in length written in English. The statement should explain the student’s motivation to become a German teacher and future plans in the profession.
- A scanned or electronic copy of your university level transcripts. It does not need to be official.
Under Separate Cover please have the following sent by email directly from the recommending Professors
- Two letters of recommendation. One must be from a German Professor who knows the student’s work. The second letter must be from a professor in the teacher certification program.
Items should be sent to the National Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm (EST) on March 15th.
- All materials including letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
- Awards will be announced in April.
- Money and student membership will be disbursed shortly after the announcement is made.