National German Award for Outstanding Senior (Graduate Study in German Scholarship) Deadline March 15th
Award Amount: $2,500
The National German Award for Outstanding Senior recognizes one graduating senior who demonstrates excellence in German Studies at the undergraduate level. The award is presented to the most outstanding senior in the United States who is a member of Delta Phi Alpha, the National German Honorary Society.
This award is intended for students who are entering a graduate program related to German Studies at a North American university. The recipient must provide evidence that they have accepted an offer to begin an M.A. or Ph.D. program. The funds may be used by the recipient for any purpose related to graduate study.
- The application must be submitted as a single pdf document
- The pdf document should be named in the following manner LastName_SeniorAward_YEAR. For example: Schiller_SeniorAward_2018.pdf
- The document must contain:
- Full contact information, including name, mailing address, and email address.
- Name of university and Delta Phi Alpha chapter. Your year of induction into Delta Phi Alpha.
- A personal statement no more than two pages in length written in English. The statement should explain how German Studies has shaped your intellectual and personal development. It should also discuss your reason for pursuing an advanced degree in German studies and what your future goals entail.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (C.V.)
- A copy of your letter of admission to a graduate program for any area of German studies.
- A scanned or electronic copy of your university-level transcript. It does not need to be official.
Under Separate Cover please have the following sent by email directly from the recommending Professors
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a German professor from your institution.
Items should be sent to the National Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm (EST) on March 15th.
- Awards will be announced in April.
- Money will typically be dispersed following the completion of the undergraduate degree.