Spring / Summer German Study Abroad Scholarship – Deadline November 15th
Award Amount: $1,250
This one-time award is intended for Sophomore & Junior Delta Phi Alpha Members who are planning to study abroad on an accredited program in a German speaking country during the spring / summer semester of the coming year. The recipient must provide evidence that they will be participating in a study abroad program that will begin either in the spring or summer semester. Preference will be given to support students who are attending programs that promote advanced use of the German language.
Requirements: Please submit
- The application must be submitted as a single pdf document
- The pdf document should be named in the following manner LastName_SPRINGAward_YEAR. For example: Schiller_SPRINGAward_2014.pdf
- Full contact information, including name, mailing address, email address, name of university and Delta Phi Alpha chapter.
- A personal statement no more than two pages in length written in English. The statement should explain how this study abroad scholarship will help you integrate German studies into your current and future plans.
- A letter of acceptance to an accredited program in a German speaking country. This may be provided by the home institution study abroad office or directly by the program in a German speaking country.
- A scanned or electronic copy of your university level transcript. It does not need to be official.
Under Separate Cover please have the following sent by email directly from the recommending Professors
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a German professor from your institution.
Items should be sent to the National Secretary-Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm (EST) on November 15th.
- All materials including letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
- Awards will be announced in December.
- Money will be disbursed shortly before departure to support expenses incurred while on site.