Fall / Winter Semester German Study Abroad Scholarship – Deadline March 15th
Award Amounts: $1,250 (1) $500 (2)
This study abroad scholarship supports Delta Phi Alpha Members who are planning to study abroad on an accredited program in a German-speaking country with a start date in the second half of the calendar year. (July-December start date)
While all DPA members are encouraged to apply, committee preference will be given to programs that:
– promote the advanced use of the German language.
– have a duration of six or more weeks
– incorporate the study abroad experience into their major / career goals
Requirements: Please submit
- The application must be submitted as a single pdf document
- The pdf document should be named in the following manner LastName_FALLAward_YEAR. For example: Schiller_FALLAward_2018.pdf
- Full contact information, including name, mailing address, email address, the name of university and Delta Phi Alpha chapter.
- A personal statement no more than two pages in length written in English explaining how the study abroad experience fits into your academic and career goals. Additionally, what role does the study of German fit into those goals?
- A letter outlining your plans for enrollment into an accredited program in a German-speaking country. This may be provided by the home institution study abroad office or directly by the program in a German-speaking country. (An email of acceptance or formal letter of intent is acceptable.)
- A scanned or electronic copy of your university-level transcript. It does not need to be official.
Under separate cover please have the following sent by email directly from the recommending Professors.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a German professor from your institution. Recommendation letters must arrive by the deadline for consideration. Coordinate well in advance in order to ensure that the letters arrive on time.
Items should be sent to the National Secretary-Treasurer at email@example.com
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm (EST) on March 15th
- All materials including letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
- Awards will be announced in April.
- Money will be disbursed shortly before departure to support expenses incurred while on site.