Spring / Summer German Study Abroad Scholarship – Deadline November 15th
*Note* Given the COVID Crisis, Delta Phi Alpha is enacting flexible policies to support students and programs. Should a study abroad program be cancelled, scholarship recipients will retain their scholarships for a future study abroad experience in the German-speaking world. We therefore encourage wide application among DPA members.
Award Amounts: $1,500 (2) $500 (up to 5)
This study abroad scholarship supports Delta Phi Alpha Members who are planning to study abroad on an academic credit-bearing program in a German-speaking country with a start date in the first half of the calendar year. (January – June start date)
While all DPA members are encouraged to apply, committee preference will be given to programs that:
– promote the advanced use of the German language.
– have a duration of six or more weeks
– incorporate the study abroad experience into their major / career goals
Applicants will submit their materials via a Google form for study abroad scholarships. OPEN NOW!
The application has two sections:
1: The first section contains the required information about the applicant.
2: The second section is where you upload your supporting documents.
a: a .pdf or .doc. An essay outlining how this study abroad program fits into your educational and career goals and why it is relevant to your study of German. No more than two pages and written in English.
b: A .pdf of your unofficial transcript
c: A .pdf or .doc with your letter of acceptance of enrollment in a study abroad program in the German-Speaking world
Applicants must have two people fill out the recommendation form, one of the recommenders must be a faculty member at the student’s institution.
The recommendation can be completed here in the recommendation form. It will take approximately 15 minutes. Students are responsible for ensuring that the recommendations are submitted by the deadline.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm (EST) on November 15th.
- All materials including letters of recommendation must be received by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be considered for the award.
- Awards will be announced in December.
- Money will be disbursed shortly before departure to support expenses incurred while on site.